No matter how much experience we have– or don’t have– most of us can admit it: furniture restoration isn’t always easy! The DIY resources below are meant to assist you when the going gets tough. When you don’t know what to do next, come to this page for an answer.
Free Printable DIY Resources
Stop spending hours on Google searching for answers! You’ll find all you need here.
Print this out and keep it in your work area! Dry times/clean-up for oil-based, gel, and water-based stains.
Which Primer Works Best?
Before painting metal, plastic, laminate, glass, wood, and more, check which primer to apply for the best adhesion.
Sandpaper Grit Guide
The proper way to switch through sandpaper grits for the perfect smooth wood surface.
Is it Lacquer, Urethane, Varnish, or Shellac?
Clearcoat repair can only be done if you’re positive about the clear coat type. This cheat sheet shows you how to be.
Caring For Your Refinished Furniture
Free Printable Care Tip Sheets That Are Fillable on the Computer! Add your logo, company info, and client info and give them to your refinished furniture clients, or just keep them for your own records!
Common Furniture Wood Type Cheat Sheet
Be sure you’ve got the right wood type with this Identification Cheat Sheet, and treat your wood correctly!
Organize your many DIY projects by printing as many of these Project Planner Pages as you need for each of them!
Furniture Refinishing “Must Haves”
Exciting New Finds!
- My new goto paintbrush for chalk painting furniture: The Cling On! Oval Paintbrush. I take back everything I ever said about expensive chalk paint brushes. This might be the last brush you ever buy! After painting, suspend this brush in water and the paint literally slides right off leaving the bristles incredibly slick and smooth for your next paint application. Brilliant!
- Found this amazing little detail sanding kit at Hobby Lobby. I’ve never seen anything like it! Perfect for tight corners, wooden chair spindles, or anywhere else even the Microzip Detail Sander I listed above can’t reach!
- This Miracle Eraser Strip ‘N Sand Paint Remover is another exciting solution to the worst part of furniture refinishing– paint removal! It actually works amazing! There are a few bad reviews but honestly, if you make sure not to press down super hard on it and steadily rub, it lasts a bit longer and removes the paint easily!
- Plus, it’s non-toxic, with zero chemicals.
- Lastly, it molds to the surface you’re stripping. So those impossible moldings or chair legs you literally can’t strip…try these!
Check Back In For More Exciting Finds, Regularly Updated!
eBooks, Workbooks, & Courses
The interactive eBook to solve all of your wood identification problems! A full-on investigation into your personal furniture piece. Compare close to 40 common furniture wood types to your piece, and narrow them down to THE 1 Wood Type your piece is made of! Then learn even more about that wood type! Special treatments needed, sanding techniques, and how well it stains!
More DIY Resources to come, check back soon!
Head to the blog for even more DIY Resources
Need help with something specific? Let me know! Fill out the form below with suggestions, and I may just make it happen for you. 🙂